Empowering Women through Craft
Pakistan is the sixth most populous country in the world, with sixty percent of its population under the age of thirty. The Census also shows that men have outnumbered women, where men are 51 per cent of the total population and women are 49 per cent.A numerous of challenges including political instability, gender disparity, growing inequality, and disastrous effects of climate change face the country today.
Pakistan has adopted a number of key international commitments to gender equality and women’s human rights
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Beijing Platform for Action, the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Create an enabling environment to report on the implementation of gender equality commitments at grass root levels
- A conducive environment where women benefit from decent work, income security and socio –economic development
- Provide equal opportunity to all women in household decision making
- Empower women through provision of skill trainings and education opportunities at local levels
- A safe environment where women and girls can live a life free from violence in private and public spaces, and survivors are able to access quality essential services
- Ensure equal participation in political
- To enable refugees to make better and more informed decisions related to solutions to their problems through mutual consultations and participation.
- To work for empowerment of refugee women and eliminate existing gender based discriminations from all aspects of their lives through adequate participation and representation in public and private spheres.
- To reduce the vulnerability of refugee women through prevention, protection and provision of care / rehabilitation for incidences of gender based violence.
- To facilitate protection of vulnerable women and children by enhancing their capacity, and to work on their emotional health through psychotherapy and counseling in order to educate them about their rights.
- To identify vulnerable refugee children, especially working and unaccompanied minors, and provide them protection from all forms of exploitation and abuse.
Support Empowering Women through
Women through Craft
This program is designed to empower women refugees (Afghan) and internally displaced families in Pakistan. To support the women headed households. In this program we use all recycled cut pieces collected from clothing businesses. This project focus urban refugees (women and young girls) those have been forced to leave their home countries and seeking refuge and currently are stranded in different parts of Pakistan.
Main goal is to empower and educate them, so they could trust-in their skills and become self-sufficient. We provide them opportunities to learn new skills those can be used to generate an income and therefore sustain a healthy livelihood.
This project provide adequate training to women and girls with required vocational skills to make different crafts products. These products could be form of beaded purses, hand bags, keychains, oven gloves, door mats, socks and caps, Shawls, household handicrafts.
HOPE local team facilitates these women through advertising items make possible sale at local and national markets to earn their income.